The Happiest Team in the UK 4 Years On!
On International Day of Happiness, we are celebrating here at Inspired To Change!
2021 is the year that we are 10 years old!
That’s 10 years since Inspired To Change was founded by Solution Focused Hypnotherapist and Senior SFH Lecturer Gary Johannes.
That’s 10 years of establishing our brand and culture, and building our team.
And, that’s 10 years of helping people get their life (and happiness!) on track.
So, what are we doing to mark this milestone?
We are celebrating the realisation of our vision, to build a collaborative collective of highly competent Solution Focused Hypnotherapists and become the leading provider of Solution Focused Hypnotherapy Services nationally.
We are marking our achievement with a brand refresh and a shiny new website (more on that in a few weeks!)
But it’s not just about our achievements. There is so much more we want to do and so we continue to grow, and over the past 6 months we have welcomed 5 new associates to our happy team (watch this space as we will be introducing you to them over the summer!)
This last bit got us reflecting…
It was in 2017 that we won the LAUGHOLOGY award for being the
Happiest Team in the UK.
It was a super special accolade for us and there are two reasons why:
Firstly, we were not a traditional team who sit together in the same building.
In fact, in reality, we each run our own businesses in completely different areas of the country and it’s only really twice a year that we even come together, in person, in the same room.
Prior to 2020, that was not the norm..!
Laughology were looking for a team that was approachable and collaborative and that inspires others to want to work with it, through demonstrating an original and innovative approach to people development, promoting wellbeing and communicating positive messages about mental health and happiness as a priority.
We recognised ourselves straight away!
Every day at Inspired to Change we strive to be the best therapists we can be so that we can help as many people as possible overcome the issues that hold them back, increase their happiness and take back control of their lives.
We recognise that in order to serve our clients best we need to walk our talk and so, that’s what we do!
- Every day we share what’s been good with each other on our shared online forum which keeps the serotonin (the happy hormone) flowing.
- Every week we focus on a specific action that will make us more successful with thought provoking questions which creates positive dopamine urges (the action hormone).
- Every month we have a group growth call where we both seek and provide help and support which keeps us pumped up with oxytocin (the hug hormone).
- And twice a year we hold an all day conference to boost us and our businesses, where we…
– Refocus on our vision, so that we have a direction and a sense of purpose
– Create our plan of action, so that we know how we’re going to get there
– Hold each other accountable, so that we feel both stretched and secure
– Celebrate our successes so that we boost our confidence and self-esteem
…and where our personal development takes centre stage, which releases a cocktail of
endorphins (feel good hormones)
The second reason this was a super special award for us is that everything we do, whether that’s with our team, our 1-2-1 clients, or our business clients, is ultimately, with happiness in mind.
It has one sole intention: to empower people to GET better, COPE better and BE better, so that they can both be and contribute the very best version of themselves to their lives, relationships and work.
That’s because we know that when we are being the best version of ourselves, we are more positive, more focused and more productive, we are more patient and more kind, and therefore we are better parents, teachers, friends and partners.
Quite simply, when we are being the best version of ourselves, we are more successful – because we are happier.
So, how have we built on this in the last 4 years?
Since 2017, our team has expanded and we now have associates in Gloucestershire and Lincolnshire as well as Chelmsford and Southend, in addition to our previous locations.
That said, 2020 was the year that all of our associates took their practices online and we now have clients across the globe as well as the UK and plan to work more online in the future so that we can take Solution Focused Hypnotherapy international!
Our associates have continued to develop in both confidence and competence and as a team, we all positively impact the wider business, as well as the wider community:
- Four of our associates are now lecturing at our Hypnotherapy schools
- Four run Continual Professional Development training for other practicing Hypnotherapists outside Inspired to Change
- We provide regular clinical supervision for practicing hypnotherapists run by one of two of our associates
- We run in-house anxiety workshops for schools and Resilience and Wellbeing workshops for corporate companies
- Our sister company, Mental Health In The Workplace continues to support companies of all shapes and sizes to create the conditions to enable their people to thrive at work, with all training delivered by our associates
- Our associates write for numerous publications, speak on the radio and are sought after as speakers at events.
So, we are celebrating today on International Day of Happiness
Just like with every journey to success, ours has not been without it’s challenges.
As a collective, we have experienced difficulties and suffered losses. we have had crashes of confidence and we have had to lean on each other more than ever in the past 12 months particularly. But…
We’ve come through. We’ve not only maintained our positivity, but we’ve got stronger, both individually and collectively, and we’ve done that because we placed immense value, very early on in our journey, on establishing our brand and culture, and on creating the conditions for the happiest (and it appears, most resilient!) team in the UK to form.
And so, as we approach our 10th year, we are celebrating… and then tomorrow, we’re back focused on our purpose again…
…to enable others to overcome the issues that hold them back, increase their happiness and take back control of their lives.
Inspired to Change Associates are a team that puts happiness, mental health and wellbeing at the heart of our working life.
Because we do that, we are best placed to support people with stress and anxiety and a myriad of issues, problems, conditions and disorders that hold them back and help them to take back control of their lives.
Inspired to Change Hypnotherapists are based across the UK in Bristol, Cambridgeshire, Devon, Essex, Kent, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire, and Somerset.
They are all recognised by the National Council for Hypnotherapy, the UK’s leading not-for-profit hypnotherapy professional association.
To find out how you can train as a solution focused hypnotherapist click here for our hypnotherapy school information
If you feel your workplace could be doing more to promote good mental health visit Mental Health In The Workplace